Monday, December 31, 2007

The carrot tree

The cat shat under the carrot tree today. No, I know carrots don't grow on trees, but honestly if you've been to this part of the world, you will believe me. This was a carrot tree. Definitely. A carrot tree that bore carrot fruit. Who said carrots were roots? Honestly, this was a carrot tree, that bore carrot fruits.

I am not a carrot fan, not. I hate carrots. The only reason why I have carrots was because my mum tells me they are good for the eyes. Maybe that's why I have glasses as thick as the bible! The bible. There was a time I only read it because I had to be christian like. So many damn things I did just to be christianlike. Christians, those self-righteous hollow men that did things in a "christianlike" manner just because. And then stand and looked and talked at others in a condescending manner as if people would genuinely be moved. What happened to belief? What happened to passion? What happened to love?

I sat across the road from the white building today. I sat and stared. The white ruins that were once a building.So glorious, pride of its people, once inviting, now hollow, empty, why? because it closed its doors. I sat and remembered the times I was suffocated while listening to that pretentious bald robed man talk about love, and then closed the doors after church, refusing to let anyone near it during the week for fear of its sacraments getting stolen. I sat and stared across the road at that white ruin. No life. What happened to belief? What happened to passion? What happened to love?

Left the building, left the church. It's empty and hollow.

I sat across the road and saw in its windows my reflection. The very same nauseating feeling that overwhelmed me that day began to creep over me again. No one came to this town anymore. Every single train passed it by. I was so sick of being a part of an empty building, i felt like vomitting. A permanent fixture that did nothing. Gosh. LIke the church, a permanent fixture that did nothing but stand, as if a glamorous sight, as if its presence were a favour.

The old man, sat, and life had passed him by, what had he done? what had he done? He sighs as closed his eyes for the final time. The old man, was buried under the carrot tree.

I walked around the carrot tree and wondered.

The cat walked around me and shat under the carrot tree. The cat shat under the carrot tree.

No comments: