Monday, December 31, 2007

Boxes

I picked her up and put her on my knee. Little Suzie, I wish I could make her feel better, but how can you make a five year old feel better about the fact that it's just the way it is. Little Suzie. So I picked her up and held her close. I whispered a little prayer in her ears hoping that her little five year old heart will be ok.

I wrapped Jesus in the box today! she screamed excitedly. I lifted my eyebrows and turned to her. Really? I asked. But Jesus is so big. No not all of Jesus, just His hug. I laughed. Nice. So what are you going to do with it? I asked. Give it to Sandy she exclaimed. I nodded. Ok.

I saw her face when she came back from pre-school today. My little Suzie had tears in her eyes. I knelt down to look at her. The little one whispered. I found it in the dustbin. Found what? I asked. The little box I gave Sandy she sobbed. I looked at her little face. And are you sad you found it in the dustbin? She nodded. Why? I asked. She sobbed so hard I could not hear what she was saying. So I picked her up. Little Suzie.

I wrapped Jesus in the box today! she screamed excitedly. I turned and looked at her. Really? I laughed. So what are you going to do with it? I asked. Give it to Marcia, she exclaimed. I nodded. Ok.

I saw her face when she came back from pre-school today. My little Suzie had tears in her eyes. I knelt down to look at her. The little one whispered. She told me the it was pretty, but she didn't want it. Want what? I asked. The little box, that little box I gave her. she sobbed. I looked at her little face. And are you sad she didn't want it? She nodded. Why? I asked. She sobbed so hard I could not hear what she was saying. So I picked her up. Little Suzie.

We took a walk in the park today and I asked her why she was sad when Sandy threw away the box. She told me Sandy's mum was sick, and so everytime she came home from school, her mummy wasn't there to hug her. And so when Jesus hugged her, she asked Jesus if she could wrap it up and give it to Sandy. But she didn't want it, and she'll never know how it feels like to be hugged. I nodded quietly pondering upon the little girl's heart. I smiled at her as she looked up at me. She whispered, I can always give her more, my wadrobe is full of boxes of hugs from Jesus! I nodded. ok.

What if I can wrap God's love in a box and give it to everyone I know?

No Sammie honey, you're not five....

So?

Don't know...

Hey, Jesus just hugged me...

Ok. Ok. Ok.

No comments: