Sunday, May 10, 2009

in my place

I stare at her coldly, with my champagne in one hand, now warm, and my cigarette bud in the other, I stare. Coldly. I could hardly guess what she would do next. The dark room filled with the cold air from the open window and I shivered a little. The cold sweat from the champagne glass trickled down my arm and cause me to move so I can shake it off. She does the same and stares right back at me. Coldly. So so coldly.

I don't know if it was because she hates what I do, or the lines I cross, but it feels as if she and I are two different people. There was a time when we were one. With the same mind. But now we are two conflicted beings. Her and I. Opposites, and at times I wish I were just like her. I bet she wishes she were like me. But she cannot be. She cannot be.

So nowadays we sit and stare at each other coldly, we don't talk anymore. No more. It makes it too obvious, our differences and I cannot handle it. I wish for her beauty again, for her innocence but I have strayed far away and her beauty drifts further from me.

We are separated now. Her and I.

And the line between her and I, now is the one that I cannot cross.

I stand up and turn my back towards her. I bet you she did the same. The girl in the mirror, she turned her back to me. I knew she would.

No comments: